Monday, December 01, 2008

Here's a pic from the reading!



Come hear me do a FREE reading and Q&A in Oxford, CT.

Thursday, December 4, 2008
Time: 5:30pm - 7:00pm
Location: Oxford Public Library
486 Oxford Rd, Oxford, CT
Contact Info Phone: 2038886944
Email: www.oxfordlib.org

I'll be reading from my poetry memoir, I Don't Want to Be Crazy.

This is a true story of growing up, breaking down, and coming to grips with a psychological disorder. When Samantha Schutz first left home for college, she was excited by the possibilities--freedom from parents, freedom from a boyfriend who was reckless with her affections, freedom from the person she was supposed to be. At first, she reveled in the independence--but as pressures increased, she began to suffer anxiety attacks that would leave her mentally shaken and physically incapacitated. Thus began a hard road of discovery and coping, powerfully rendered in this poetry memoir.

Hope to see you there!
Sam

PS: Want me to come to your school or library? Just email me!

No comments: