Friday, August 18, 2006

I have been reluctant to post random happenings in my blog, but today I was struck by something so bizarre that I had to write about it.


Today I had lunch with a co-worker at a Thai restaurant in Soho. It's called Peep. Lovely atmosphere, if a little loud, and the food was delicious and well priced. I hadn't thought of the name much . . . except for making a brief connection to those marshmallow chicks . . . until I went to the bathroom.


The two bathrooms doors were flush with the back wall of the restaurant. A little weird to walk into the bathroom next to a table, but not the end of the world. When I went inside I had some trouble finding the light. I turned around to keep looking, and was BEYOND shocked to find that I had a view of the ENTIRE restaurant! I froze. What that fuck? I thought. I tried to remind myself that the exterior of the wall was mirrored, but it didn't help much. [I kept questioning if they really had been mirrored, or if I just thought they were.] I stood there for a moment, watching people eat and waiters running around. Was I seriously supposed to pee while looking at 50 strangers . . .who were eating?


Needless to say I have never peed so quickly or with so much anxiety in life.


So, that's it.
Happy Friday.

I hope you all get to pee in peace this weekend.

sam

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had the EXACT same experience there! Ha!

Matt Brand said...

that will DEFINITELY cause anxiety