Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Last night Ned Vizzini and I read to a packed house at KGB Bar in NYC. Clearly, I read from I Don't Want to Be Crazy. Ned read from It's Kind of a Funny Story, a semi-autobiographical novel about a teen boy hospitalized for depression.
http://www.nedvizzini.com/

Contrary to how it may sound (anxiety + depression = big downer) it was a really good time. Ned is hilarious. He's also a very talented writer and speaker. There was also a great crowd there--lots of friends, co-workers, and strangers. I like strangers.

A nice surprise was the appearance of Wess "Mongo" Jolley from IndieFeed Podcast Network. He created a podcast of my reading. 16 minutes of me reading from Part I of my memoir. It's all Samantha all the time! You can put me inside your little ipod and take me with you. How super is that?!

As of 8/24 you can get the podcast for FREE using the info below. I'll do my best to add it to my myspace page or something, but I'm not so savvy with these newfangled electronics.

Also, photos of the event to come soon...

To get the podcast:
Subscribe via iTunes:
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=120373332&s=143441

Subscribe via an aggregator such as Juice or iPodder (paste this link into your aggregator) : http://feeds.feedburner.com/IndiefeedPerformancePoetry

Or, if you want to just download one show at a time, you can do that through our site:
http://performancepoetry.indiefeed.com/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hello. i bought i don't want to be crazy yesterday at borders and finished reading it a few hours ago. it was difficult to put down. everything felt too familiar. i'm 17 years old and was diagnosed with anxiety about six months ago. all your stories were sooooo.... similar to my life. jason, he reminded me so much of my ex boyfriend torey. like... he was so caught up in pot that i could never really count on him to show up to things and everything. anyways... your book really helped let me know that im not the only person who has these out of control feelings. like i've tried to describe the feeling to people before, but thet never got it... anyway.... my email is lilymapleleaf@yahoo.com if you'd like to respond. thanks for portraying the real life of anixety.